Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Week 12 in Pictures (Katie)

                           We celebrated the first day of spring. Ezra made a fun, bright banner,


                                                              We opened presents,


 
and had a cake. Half lemon half plain with chocolate icing. It was delicious. We all felt sorry for Mike who is on a self-imposed, "trying to be healthy" no-sugar diet.





 The weather was HOT and summery. It was 25* in the house and I got a sunburn one afternoon at the park. The boys built water rockets and fired them in the backyard.





                                                  We recovered the kitchen chairs.


                          Annalise is interested in toys and will roll to get something good.



 I love to see my children playing happily in nature. I think this collection they put together is beautiful. I'm pretty sure they were playing kitchen in the backyard and these were the supplies.



                             The Halls came to visit! This is some Saturday night Blockus.


My favourites from the week?

-We started gymnastics again. A family we met there shared an afternoon at a new park. I had an amazing conversation with the mother and the children got along beautifully. Aside from the sunburn, it was an ideal afternoon.

-Giving Jennie a big hug!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I love the picture of the nature collection for the kids' kitchen!!

I think it's pretty nifty that your kiddles are so independent. Do you find there is a down side to that?

Katie said...

A downside? Hmm, I can't think of one.