Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Art Wall

For many years the kids have been taping all of their paintings, poems and paraphernalia onto the blank wall in the kitchen/dining room.  It's a little haphazard looking, but we are a house full of kids, so it seemed fitting.  However, I saw a picture on pinterest a while ago that inspired me to try something new.  I picked up a few frames at the share shed and Value Village to add to the one I already had and a few pots of Benjamin Moore sample colours (plus white paint I had) and this is what I've come up with.


I love white but I have a new love for red, so I thought I would add a little fun with colour.




These frames have been waiting for over a month now for me to feel brave enough to punch nail holes in the wall and try arranging them.  David (who's home sick-ish) and I laid them out on the floor first to get a feel for it, then I started hammering away.  I am debating about putting some cork or chicken wire in the frames to make it easier for the kids to add their works (and to hide the wire), but for today I am digging them empty....





I will probably add a few more smallish white ones eventually, but I wanted to try it out and see how we like it.  Keep your eyes out for some neat frames - the wooden ones are often at yard sales and junk shops. What do you think??

2 comments:

Katie said...

I like these! You are rockin' out over there.

Megan said...

The frames look really nice up on the wall! Cool smattering of colours. Can I copy all of your ideas? ")