Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Everybody Loves Marineland (well, love with a mix of concern and confusion over animal cruelty issues....)

We kicked off the summer by hooking up with the Larson's for a few adventures.  On Canada Day we risked crowds and rain showers and drove to Marineland, and it did not disappoint!  The dolphins were obviously super happy to see us! 
 
 



 The Beluga Whales were pretty mesmerizing! 
 






Isaac and Ezra just after riding the Flying Dragon.  Grace rode it too and was finished with rides for the rest of the day: "the scariest 30 seconds of my life!".   Meanwhile, Olive and Mike rode the Sky Screamer, which was actually invented in hell by satan's minions....  and although I cried watching, they came off smiling.









 
After warming up on the Ladybug Coaster, I actually worked up the nerve to take a ride on this CRAZY roller coaster with Mike, Ezra and Isaac.  See the loops?!!  I screamed louder than I have ever screamed in my life.  Considering I have been terrified of roller coasters for 30 years, it was a monumental moment in my life!  Wooohooohooohoooo!
 
But I really didn't enjoy the swings...


2 comments:

Katie said...

This is fabulous! Love your pictures- you've got such a good eye! What fun to look back at a lovely few days.

That Sky Screamer was awful! I am still traumatized from watching Olive ride that one. Eeek.

I'm impressed that you overcame your fear and rode that roller coaster! Is flying next? I have a few trips in mind....

When are you coming back? We LOVED having you!

Megan said...

Sounds like emotions ran high, screaming, crying, laughing, overcoming life long fears- well done!