Wednesday, October 30, 2013

What We're Reading





Well, what I'm reading anyway.

I'd like a round of applause sent my way because I (finally!) finished Les Miserables. Unabridged. 1232 pages.  I have dozens of page corners turned down telling me to come back and take note of something powerful. Some pages have a fold on both sides. 

Free-Range Kids- refreshing and hilarious. I'd like to distribute copies to a few folks.

Daring Greatly- Our book club pick. It's really thought-provoking so far. 

p.29 "The greatest casualties of a scarcity culture are our willingness to own our vulnerabilities and our abilities to engage with the world from a place of worthiness." 

 or 

p.177 "We can't give people what we don't have. Who we are matters immeasurably more then what we know or who we want to be."

Have you seen her TED talks?









What are you reading?


3 comments:

Megan said...

"We can't give people what we don't have. Who we are matters immeasurably more then what we know or who we want to be."

This is truly thought provoking. Although, I think it matters a great deal that we are working towards becoming who we want to be!

I'll check out the video.

Jane said...

Just finished the Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry. Wish I had marked some of my favourite spots. I need some sticky notes, cause I cannot bear to turn down a page corner. Ouch. There were a few gems in there. Highly recommend!

Megan said...

Watched the Ted talks. I think the line, "I am enough" is a great affirmation.

I love realness.