Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Late Week 22 (Katie)







Would you believe me if I told you that whilst driving to Sudbury we missed our exit (twice) (using a GPS), ran out of gas, and got a speeding ticket?

It's true.

Have you ever been engrossed in an intense conversation and sort of oblivious to other goings on?
Not exactly an ideal driving state.
It's kind of amazing that we "arrived alive". But arrive we did.

Mike brought his moose t-shirt and changed into it once at the Byman house- to get his head in the game, I think. Did it work?

I brought a tired spirit and put it to bed for two hours while Megan entertained, walked and fed my children.





It was almost surreal to spend the weekend with my sisters. A handful of hours on the road and we can drink herbal tea (mint with lime?- yes please), fling our highland and open any number of cans on each other.

I'll take it.




2 comments:

Jane said...

You both sure take it all in stride. I would have been a basket case. I think packing a cello in the back with all the stinky wet camping gear also adds an element of adventurousness to the whole experience.

Jane said...

Love the one with the dark sky and umbrellas. Great emotion.